Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"It's not Lord make you fall into temptations but your evil desires"

James 1:13-14

"When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed"

A couple of days ago, i had read this verse when i'm having the morning devotion. I had stopped and kept reading the verse for a while. I thought that God has made me fall into the temptation before that and never think that it's my own mind full of sins has caused me so.

Frequently, i thought that God give me such trial because it's within my capabilities or my limits. We always asking God "Why You let me to deserve all this?" when we are having circumstances or hardships in our lifes. We have never thought of or realising what we have done and without thinking that "Will this favours God if i do it in this way?"

The seed of evil desires deep inside me will always be revealed easily if i don't keep putting on the sword--the verse where Lord has provided for me. In many times, i will ignore and even forget the existence of my almighty Lord very easily.

What can i really do in order to think of my Lord every moment and let Him master everything in my life? It's can't be denied that i'm very limited and a weak person in whatever aspects including handling my life.

Satan will always be there to take every opportunity to make me fall into temptation and there to rejoice as i have fallen into the trap he set.

I definitely can make a choice either to choose to follow my evil desires and then God will be away from me. How terrify is the effect if i made the choice. I really can't image what my life is going to be without Lord. It's definitely worst XXXXXXXXXXXXtimes than now.

Or, i can choose to follow Lord's desires and live in the stream of grace and love of God. Sometimes, when there's evil thought slipped into my mind without realising, i will shout loudly to my mind, " Go away, you, Satan's mind, don't ever come again, Jesus doesn't like you", the pictures in my mind therefore gone disappeared, it's quite effective in battling the evil desire.

I can only pray to the Lord to give me strength to fight the evil desires in my mind. Yet, i should ask to be more patience and try to make a "pause moment" before i proceed any relevant moves and actions in handling any of my emotions or desires.

Really thanks, Lord for letting to have such a refreshment regarding Your words.

1 comment: